We are pleased to announce an exciting partnership between GOCA High School and Doral College. This opportunity allows qualified students to participate in a dual enrollment program where they can simultaneously earn both high school and college credits while still being enrolled in GOCA High School.
High School classes will continue to take place on GOCA High’s campus with Doral College courses also being offered on campus via an online platform through Doral College. Upon successful completion of these dual enrollment courses, students will receive high school credits and college credit hours.
The College maintains a fully electronic admissions process. Once an application is processed, the applicant will be informed of the decision in writing and if offered admission, will be provided information on next steps for registration and advising.
When a student is enrolled at Doral College and taking classes, all records and transcripts will be kept on file indefinitely. Should a student be offered admission but does not register, or a student be denied admission, student records received will be kept for a minimum of one year.
Doral College offers a rigorous academic program designed to provide the high school student a chance to accelerate his/her collegiate studies. The following requirements apply:
- Attend a high school with which the College holds an Educational Services Agreement
- Hold an unweighted GPA* of 3.0 or above;
- Be recommended for the program by his or her high school principal/counselor;
- Provide evidence of college readiness in all areas, as noted in the “College Readiness Tests and Scores” section below.
- Complete the application process, including signing an enrollment agreement.
*Students in grades 6-9 who do not yet have a GPA on file may be considered for admission if they have completed at least one high school level course with a “B” average. These students must still meet all other requirements as specified.
College Readiness Tests & Scores
The following chart indicates all eligible tests which may be used to provide evidence of college readiness and the scores required for each:
|PSAT||430+||Included in reading||480+|
(prior to Summer 2020)
|ACCUPLACER Next Gen
(Summer 2020 and thereon)
|Mathematics FSA or EOC*||N/A||N/A||4+|
|ELA Reading FSA*||4+||Included in reading||N/A|
*Alternative criteria established in light of Covid-19.
Early Admissions is a form of dual enrollment that allows especially committed students to enroll in college coursework on a full-time basis during their senior year. In addition to the general admissions requirements listed above, Early Admissions students must meet the following:
- Attend a high school that currently participates in Early Admissions through Doral College;
- Have completed prior dual enrollment coursework, preferably including online courses;
- Be recommended for the program by the school principal/counselor.
Early Admissions students are required to enroll in 12-15 credits each term.